Christopher J. King is a partner at Greear Clark King, P.C. His areas of practice include divorce, child custody, criminal law, civil litigation and general practice. He is licensed to practice law in Wyoming and Montana.
Chris was born in Worland and spent a considerable amount of time working on his family's ranch in Ten Sleep, Wyoming while growing up. After graduating high school from Green River he enlisted as a Serbian-Croatian linguist with the U.S. Army. Upon leaving active duty he returned to Laramie to attend the University of Wyoming. Chris graduated with a BA in Psychology and a BA in International Conflict Studies along with a minor in the Honors Program and a minor in Criminal Justice. He was nominated as an Outstanding Graduate (2006) and the Honor's Convocation Speaker (2005).
While an undergraduate at the University of Wyoming Chris conducted research in the former Yugoslavia and was a member of several clubs and honor societies including Golden Key International Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Psi Chi Honor Society and the University of Wyoming Honors Program.
In May of 2009 Chris received his Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Wyoming College of Law. While attending law school he competed as a member of a client counseling competition team and worked in the prosecution clinic. Chris became a partner of the firm in April of 2013.
In his free time Chris enjoys coaching soccer, traveling, and spending time with his family.
- Montana Trial Lawyer College
- University of Wyoming College of Law
- University of Maryland European Division
- Comm Elect Warfare Equipment Course
- Cryptologic Linguist Course
- Defense Language Institute
- Monterey Peninsula College
CERTIFICATIONS / DEGREES AWARDS
- JD - University of Wyoming 2009
- Member of Client Counseling Competition Team 2006
- BA Conflict Studies - University of Wyoming 2006
- BA Psychology - University of Wyoming 2006
- BA Minor in Honors Program - University of Wyoming 2006
- BA Minor in Criminal Justice - University of Wyoming 2006
- AA Serbian / Croatian - Monterey Peninsula College
- Arts & Sciences Independent Research Grant - Actual vs Perceived Religiosity of the Serbians During the Breakup of the Former Yugoslavia
- Tillman E. and Lucille W. Boyd Scholarship
- Honor's Convocation Speaker Nominee - 2005
- Outstanding Graduate Nominee for University of Wyoming 2005
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi
- Member of National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Member of Psi Chi Honor Society
- Member of University of Wyoming Honors Program
- Professional Linguist Certification
- Ceweoc Honor Graduate
- Ceweoc Distinguished Graduate
- Apprentice Cryptologic Linguist Honor Graduate
COMMITTEES, BOARDS AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Board of Directors - Cloud Peak Counseling 2014 - Present
- Member of Washakie County Urban System Advisory Committee 2013 - Present
- Washakie County Bar Association President 2012 - Present
- Member of Resolution of Fee Disputes Committee 2012 - Present
- Member of Washakie County Planning & Zoning Commission 2011 - Present
- Member and Soccer Commissioner of Washakie County Recreation Board 2010 - Present
- President of Worland Soccer Association 2010 - Present
- Youth Soccer Coach 2003 - Present
WYOMING SUPREME COURT DECISIONS
Forbes v. State, 2009 WY 146, 220 P.3d 510 (Wyo. 2009).
In re KAT, 2012 WY 150, 288 P.3d 1217 (Wyo. 2012).
To contact Christopher J. King please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org